With so many people furloughed or forced to work from home, there has been a marked increase in the number of searches related to things like hobbies and crafts. There are hobbies to do during quarantine that can change your life.
Table of Contents
Hobbies to do during quarantine
People are learning new skills (you can take a look at the cutting-age industries that will dominate our attention in next decade), starting ambitious decorating projects, and turning to things like study and crafts as a way of alleviating lockdown boredom and helping themselves to find a focus during these dark times. When socializing is not an option, most people feel the need to engage in activities that don’t just involve watching TV. Thankfully, hobbies can be there to fill the void and have many benefits:
How to cope with the stress and anxiety? Hobbies help in this case. Watch very short and interesting YouTube video about hobbies to do during quarantine.
List of most popular hobbies that can fill the void and have many benefits:
- Hobbies help you structure your time and make you more efficient.
- You can develop and nurture social connections through hobbies.
- Interests make you more exciting and add layers to your self-identity.
- Hobbies help alleviate stress.
- It’s not a surprise that hobbies can teach you new skills that can help with your career.
- Hobbies help you to be more innovative.
- Interests in different stuff can help with recovery from tough days.
What Surveys reveal
Latest surveys reveal that top 3 most popular hobbies to do during quarantine are watching TV and movies, reading, and working out.
- The three least popular hobbies are learning a language, learning an instrument, and writing.
- one in two are reading to pass the time.
- one in three said that they were doing arts and crafts and playing board games.
Uncovering exciting stats
- The interest in home workouts is five times more popular than it was at the same time last year.
- As we see the interest in co-op games has doubled.
- The interest in apocalypse movies has spiked by over 6.5 times.
Common trends we see
- 28% of people reported that they are speaking to friends and family more.
- 44% of people said that they are talking to neighbors less.
What do you suggest Luka, you may ask?
This would suggest that people aren’t physically around in their neighborhoods to talk to neighbors (as we would expect), but people use the time at home to connect with friends and family more. You can find the latest cross-trends that can give you some ideas on how to spend spare time in upcoming months. And here is the list of the most searched Hobbies and pastimes:
- Watching tv shows & movies.
- Working Out.
- Arts and Craft
- Board Games.
- Video Games.
- Audiobooks and podcasts.
- Learning A Language.
- Getting new skill like playing any instrument.
The impact of Covid 19 will continue to be felt for a long time, and this means it will remain one of the most popular search terms for a while yet. However, as lockdown begins to ease and other issues such as the recent BLM protests continue to influence the way people behave, we are likely to see more radical shifts in the terms users are searching for.