This privacy notice was last updated on May 2020.
The Website is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better service.
Should you need to contact us please write to [email protected]
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
“Personal Information” is information that directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by the website. Examples of Personal Information that directly identify you can include your name, social security number, generic data, street address, telephone number, email address and other similar information. Examples of Personal Information that when combined with other information may be able to identify you include race, gender, zip code and other similar information. Both types of information are considered “Personal Information” for the purposes of this policy.
Please do not submit any Personal Information if you do not want it to be collected. You should be aware, however, that without providing requested information, even Personal Information, and you may not be able to participate in particular features or activities that require such information.
We do not collect any Personal Information unless it is provided to us voluntarily through forms or data fields. Certain areas of our websites allow you to contact us to ask questions or provide comments or other information. Please be aware that when you ask questions or provide comments or other information, you may be disclosing Personal Information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
If you provide us with Personal Information we may use that information to contact you by e-mail, regular mail, telephone or other means, to provide you with information you requested about specific products or services, provide additional future information about products or services that may be of interest to you. Other or additional information about use of your Personal Information may appear at the point where you are asked to provide Personal Information in a form or data field.
We use this consolidated information to help us better design and promote our services, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-Personal Information is information that is not personal, such as questions, comments, ideas and suggestions that you provide, or information that we may collect that is not linked to any Personal Information. Non-Personal Information will be treated as non-confidential, and we may disclose and/or use that information without any obligation whatsoever to you, for any purpose and through any means.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
We will not transfer or allow access to your Personal Information to third parties (ii) to Advertisers who assist us in providing service to you; (iii) in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities; (iv) to comply with legal requirements or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (v) when we believe it is necessary to share information in order to assist in an investigation regarding, or to prevent, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person; and (vi) to third parties with whom the Website is jointly marketing a product or service or jointly conducting a program or activity.
We take reasonable precautions to keep Personal Information secure against unauthorized access and use.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for a set period stated in the respective EU state regulatory directive for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You are entitled to request the following so called your Data Subject Rights:
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact [email protected]
Cookies are small text files that are generated by the website that you are viewing. These text files contain session data that can be useful to websites after trends are recorded. Cookies allow the website to store information as the user surfs between web pages. This allows the website to help specific computers to better communicate with the website.
All of the cookies used by recovercovid.com are safe for the user and they only store information that is used by the browser. These cookies cannot execute codes and they cannot be used to access content on the end user’s computer. Many of these “cookies” are necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the website and they cannot contain malware of viruses. Other cookies help user experience by storing page preferences, language preferences, as well as information about previously viewed content. This information is stored by cookies and utilized to enhance user experience.